Lead Safety Coordinator
Bielby Holdings is an Australian owned civil engineering contractor with over 35 years’ experience delivering major infrastructure projects. We specialise in providing infrastructure solutions across road, marine, rail, bridge, resources, and renewables projects. Most recently we have delivered significant upgrades to Australia’s major transport networks throughout Queensland and New South Wales.
As a result of our continued success, we are seeking an experienced Lead Safety Coordinator to join our Corporate Systems and Compliance team.
This newly created role will support the development and implementation of safety strategy and management systems including the provision of safety related advice, services and support to operational teams to ensure compliance with relevant industry and company safety standards.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a progressive and growing organisation who takes the safety of their people seriously.
Register your interest by emailing email@example.com providing your CV.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-employment Medical, including Drug and Alcohol checks.
Please no agency referrals will be accepted
- Facilitating the development of business and project level safety strategy and targets
- Development and implementation and safety management strategies and early project planning and deliverables
- Monitoring of business and project safety performance through audit, inspection and analysis
- Development and delivery of specialised and tailored training and improvement initiatives
- Support project safety reporting, performance monitoring and continuous improvement
- Support the delivery of accurate and timely incident management processes
- Coordinate and support rehabilitation and return to work processes
- Collaborate with projects to develop and embed strong safety cultures
- Mentor project based safety professionals
- Be willing to travel from time to time between corporate and project sites
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant safety qualifications
- Experience operating in a major projects construction environment
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as a safety professional
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all organisational levels
- Passion for improving safety in the civil construction industry
- Experience in coaching site personnel, to build a safety leadership culture
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training (advantageous)
- Cert IV Training & Assessing (advantageous)
- Auditor Training (advantageous)
- Traffic Management Implementation (advantageous)