- Join a team with a strong values culture
- Great opportunity to join our Pre-contracts team and learn from the best
- A chance to make your mark in a growing organisation
Bielby has been operating successfully in the QLD and NSW Infrastructure market for over 40 years and has developed a strong reputation for the successful delivery of projects by working in collaboration with our clients, partners and supply chain to achieve outcomes where all parties “win”. This track record has instilled a culture that is collaborative, flexible, nimble, solutions oriented, team oriented, with people development at its core. People and outcomes are placed ahead of process and bureaucracy.
Our culture reflects our leadership and the core belief that exceptional people who are respected and motivated can achieve a level of performance that eludes others. We seek to empower highly capable people to use their intellect and ability to make good decisions to achieve business outcomes.
Digital Engineering @ Bielby
Bielby is undergoing a cultural shift and is putting more focus on a digital way of working. Bielby projects will be looking at leveraging smarter design to produce a more streamlined delivery for our clients and communities that we work in.
We will offer:
- A business culture of ingenious solutions, where your knowledge and opinions count
- A work environment of exciting and diverse projects where our clients are our partners
- An opportunity to work for a respected organisation within the civil infrastructure industry that values and enables your career progression
- Work with the estimating team to:
- Check client models using 12D and AutoCAD software
- Develop Construction and traffic staging drawings, including temporary haul roads and lay-down areas
- Model temporary works and material zones in earthworks
- Check and quantify models for developing tender prices
- Undertake the design and refinement of windfarm haul roads and lay-down areas, by modelling the haul road alignments/laydowns and refining the cut/fill quantities
- Design and draft construction camps, office facilities etc
- Additional support for Digital Engineering (not essential but considered an advantage):
- Experience with other Digital Engineering applications such as, Revit, Civil3D, OpenRoads, OpenBuilding, ArcGIS.
- Experience with Federated models generated through Navisworks or Revizto
- Managing own workload to meet the Pre-contracts department achievements
- Following Bielby quality control procedures
- Maintain a healthy and happy work environment
To be the successful candidate, you will be someone who has a strong alignment to our values. You will fit into our culture by being collaborative in nature, straight-up in communication, future focussed, and responsive.
You will have:
- Past experience as a Civil Design Drafter / Civil Designer
- Experience in infrastructure (road, stormwater, sewer and water) design
- TMR roads and highways experience would be highly beneficial
- Experience in earthworks modelling and erosion control
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D/12D, PC drain and PC sewer software exposure
- High attention to detail, analytical ability and conceptual ability
- Superior communication skills, in particular listening skills to understand the design and conceptualise
- Enthusiasm to learn
- The ability to follow quality procedures
- The drive to meet all achievements on time and to the highest of accuracy and quality standards
Our people, clients and partners are our both our business and our strongest advocates. If this sounds like an organisation that you would love to be a part of, then please apply now via the apply button or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia.
Bielby values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol checks.
Please no agency referrals will be accepted.