Lead Project Controls Engineer
Bielby has been operating successfully in the QLD Infrastructure market for 40 years and has developed a strong reputation for the successful delivery of projects by working in collaboration with our clients, partners, and supply chain to achieve outcomes where all parties “win”. This track record has instilled a culture that is collaborative, flexible, nimble, solutions oriented, team oriented, with people development at its core. People and outcomes are placed ahead of process and bureaucracy.
Our culture reflects our leadership and the core belief that exceptional people who are respected and motivated can achieve a level of performance that eludes others. We seek to empower highly capable people to use their intellect and ability to make good decisions to achieve business outcomes.
We will offer:
- A business culture of innovative solutions, where your knowledge and opinions count
- A work environment of exciting and diverse projects where our clients are our partners
- An opportunity to work for a respected organisation within the civil infrastructure industry that values and enables your career progression
Bielby is currently experiencing a period of sustained growth that has given rise to the opportunity to improve and modernise its ERP and project management systems. This has resulted in the creation of a new group project controls team with responsibility for the development, deployment, and ongoing governance of these systems across the Bielby project portfolio.
Reporting to the Group Planning & Controls Manager, the Lead Project Controls Engineer will contribute to the establishment and implementation of project revenue, cost and quantity management systems and processes across Bielby’s project portfolio. You will fulfil an exciting, active, and crucial business wide role as a key member of this newly established team. You will have a relevant Tertiary qualification in addition to deep industry experience in the delivery of major construction projects.
In this role you will:
- Support project teams in the implementation of standard budgeting, cost control, quantity measurement, earned value, forecasting and trend analysis procedures.
- Analyse project financial reports for integrity and accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist in the optimisation of portfolio level reporting and performance by integrating the common cost breakdown structure, coding, and forecasting methods across projects.
- Maintain relationships between estimating, planning, finance, and commercial teams.
- Ensure compliance with finance requirements to provide accurate and timely accrual, cost and claim management processes.
- Review, analyse and investigate unusual trends.
- Monitor supplier and subcontractor payment administration practises; and
- Provide training to project personnel in the effective use of Bielby project controls systems and processes.
To be the successful candidate, you will be someone who has a strong alignment with our values and culture. You will have a demonstrated knowledge of sophisticated project controls processes in a major construction project environment. Your experience with Civil Pro and Coins (or similar systems) will be highly advantageous but it will be a strong understanding of project controls combined with your excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail that will see you succeed in this role.
Our people, clients and partners are both our business and our strongest advocates. If this sounds like an organisation that you would love to be a part of, then please apply now via the apply button or via email@example.com.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia.
Bielby values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol checks.
Please no agency referrals will be accepted.