As Principal Contractor for the Cooroy to Curra Section A Contract 2 Project, Bielby was responsible for the construction of the 8km of Bruce Highway section from Cudgerie Drive to Sankeys Road, Black Mountain. Over 2,500,000m3 of OTR and rock excavation to the embankment over an 8km section of the highway, with cuts and fills on the project up to 40m deep, the construction of six bridges, with new bridges over Skyring Creek, Gardners Road and Evan Thomas Road, and a new all-movements interchange north of Cooroy.
Bruce Highway Upgrade Cooroy to Curra included;
- 2,500,000m3 of earthworks over an 8km section of highway
- Cuts and fills are up to 40m deep
- Construction of six bridges (bottom up)
- Asphalt pavements consisting of 240,000m3 of asphalt
- Management of 400,000m3 of unsuitable materials
- Construction of the major Cooroy Northern Interchange.