- Join a team with a strong values culture
- Great opportunity to join our safety team and drive our safety journey
- A chance to make your mark in a growing organisation
Bielby has been operating successfully in the QLD and NSW Infrastructure market for over 40 years and has developed a strong reputation for the successful delivery of projects by working in collaboration with our clients, partners, and supply chain to achieve outcomes where all parties “win”. This track record has instilled a culture that is collaborative, flexible, nimble, solutions oriented, team oriented, with people development at its core. People and outcomes are placed ahead of process and bureaucracy.
Our culture reflects our leadership and the core belief that exceptional people who are respected and motivated can achieve a level of performance that eludes others. We seek to empower highly capable people to use their intellect and ability to make good decisions to achieve business outcomes.
We will offer:
- A business culture of innovative solutions, where your knowledge and opinions count
- A work environment of exciting and diverse projects where our clients are our partners
- An opportunity to work for a respected organisation within the civil infrastructure industry that values and enables your career progression
As a result of continued project success, we are seeking an experienced Project Safety Manager. As a key member of the Project Leadership Team you will possess the necessary skills to assess the projects health and safety culture, identify and analyse trends including lead from the front safety initiative implementation. In addition, you will be responsible for Workplace Health and Safety matters associated with the project including but not limited to;
- Facilitating the review and improvement of the Project and Safety Management Plans, associated operational procedures and risk registers
- Facilitating project specific Risk Register Reviews per Bielby management system and project specific management plan requirements
- Providing advice and technical guidance in applicable legislation, relevant standards, Client / Bielby policy requirements and best practice
- Effectively managing the health and safety team, providing development and direction as needed to adequately support operational activities and achieve objectives set by the senior leadership team
- Maintaining an audit and inspection program to monitor compliance of operational activities with Bielby management system and regulatory requirements
- Providing coaching on management of at-risk behaviours
- Completion of reporting requirements, monitoring performance trends, identifying areas of concern and providing recommendations for continuous improvement
- Coordinating health and safety communications both to internal and external parties
- Coordinating and monitoring completion of training and competency requirements
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of incident investigations and communication of lessons learned
- Coordinating injury / claims management and facilitating rehabilitation processes
- Monitoring subcontractor performance and compliance with project requirements
To be the successful candidate, you will be someone who has a strong alignment to our values. You will fit into our culture by being collaborative in nature, straight-up, future focussed, and responsive.
You Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in WHS (minimum ificate IV)
- Demonstrated experience in a Senior WHS advisory or Manager related role
- Ability to lead change and influence to build a strong culture of safety
- Experience in coaching field personnel, to build a safety leadership culture
- Ability to develop and execute a holistic risk management strategy
- Ability to manage the day-to-day risk mitigation actions, govern checks and monitor for improvements in a dynamic environment is essential
- Proven ability to lead through engagement in an ever-changing environment
- Experience working with ISO Accredited organizations who are certified to ISO 45001; 9001 and 14001
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a progressive and growing organisation who takes the safety of their people, service providers and clients seriously.
Our people, clients and partners are our both our business and our strongest advocates. If this sounds like an organisation that you would love to be a part of, then please apply now via the apply button or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia.
Bielby values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol checks.
Please no agency referrals will be accepted.